• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fording kit r6602 gasoline engine

Raithi

How exactly do these work? I'm very new to this stuff, but it looks like I have the meat and potatoes. Pull handle is there with a valve looks like its plumbed to the crank case vent. Carb and distributer are sealed up and water tight. Transmission drain plug is there of course. I dont the snorkel for the intake. But my question is, what about the exhaust? On diesels there is a stack, gassers have downswept exhaust which would be under water. What components am I missing here as I only see fording info for diesel and multi fuel varients

vtdeucedriver

I have a NOS fording Kit for the 5 ton gas engine. I'd sell it. I used to have 5 of them but I am down to one. I will never use it for my M-62. They are pretty neat as the govt packed them in newspaper and they are dated in the 50's so the packing makes for some really neat reading!!
It will have the exhaust pipe and intake. If your really interested, I can open it and take pictures but if I get hung up reading the articles, you will owe me!!