• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fording Kit snorkel

FrankUSMC

Today, I picked up "what I hope" to be fording kit snorkels.
They are the hose, that are attached to a rod that has two sliding brackets that attach to something.
Does any one have a photo of how these things are mounted to the truck?
Thanks for any help.
One of the few, Frank

Boatcarpenter

Intake snorkel bracket

Frank, this is a pic of what I think you are talking about. I believe it was not intended for a multifuel Deuce but some older model gasser. The two lower clamps you see around the pipe are sliding. I bolted one to the existing muffler clamp and bracket and added another muffler clamp and a fabbed up bracket down low to hold the other sliding clamp, painted it green and there she is. So far works great.

Attachments

FrankUSMC

Boatcarpenter
That looks like it, did yours have a cotter key at the bottom to keep the brackets from coming off?
The hose on mine is black colored, nasty almost tar coated materail.
I picked up 12 of the snorkels today. I will look at my M35 and see if I can make that bracket you have on yours.
One of the few, Frank

Boatcarpenter

Frank,
Yes it did have the cotter key. The hose that came with it was exactly as you describe but was so old and dried out that when I tried to bend it kinda came apart so I got some industrial air vent hose. Very rugged and water proof. The bracket and hose were part of a fording kit setup for some other vehicle and included a new mushroom cap, a very heavy right angle bracket, some sort of exhaust pipe protective mesh screen and a bunch of other parts. The new mushroom cap was smaller diameter than the turbo exhaust diameter so I think the set up was for a non-turbo engine.
I forgot to use the post reply button so I could post a pic so I will post pic in new reply.
Hope this helps,
BC

FrankUSMC

Blake
Yes, if you do not mind getting a few close ups of how it is mounted. I will check this week end to see if my kits match up to the breather.
Also, what saze is the lettering on your truck?
One of the few, Frank

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hummmmm, It doesen't lok anything like mine. Mine has a bracket that comes off of the bolts that hold the windshield to the cab. And then a bracket that bolts to the exaust tip about 8 inches from the top of the exaust. Each bracket has a large and small radius to hold both the snorkle and the crankcase breather tube.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks