• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fording kits

joec

I have one. I am trying to reproduce them. Have all the parts available soon. Air actuated switch. Plate for it and the hoses and valving . I am getting the brackets made now, I will be selling these 2 ways. Brackets hoses (intake,slobber tube) and air horn. And full kits with prints. And other prints I found researching.....More to follow..I should have full kit available bye spring. Other kit in 2 weeks.

Thanks

jwaller

800's I believe are a little simpler.

BTW put me down for a full deuce kit. it's something I'd like to have.

Last edited:

joec

Yes mostly valves Just like on my M543A2. But there are some different variations in the 800 series.

From the M246 to the M817 all have little different things.

jatonka

Joec, Hey, That is a great idea. If enough of us are willing to take on some points of interest on these trucks, and build what is no longer available, we will all have parts for our babys for life. I didn't know you were working on fording kits and I know there aren't any out there on the open market. Of course, we both know that you aren't going to make your fortune selling them, but it can help continue your hobby. The oil filter adaptors and lockout hubs don't make me money, but when there are no paychecks coming in, it helps alot. And we are really keeping the trucks alive. Kudos, I will buy a deuce kit when you are all ready to go. Look forward to it JT out

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No one has yet made a reproduction kit yet that I am aware of. There are similar/functional aftermarket ones but not a true reproduction. Remember the kits are different for the M35, A1, and A2.

INCIRLIK

I live blocks from Galveston bay in Texas and would like to locate a functional fording kit for my M35........hurricane season is here