• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

former or current military mechanics

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
Looking for a current or former military mechanic that worked on the M923A1's that might be able to help me figure out this starter switch not starting the truck problem.
I have read the TM's over and over. even got a blow up of the electrical system from the TM and I can't figure it out. I am in the Detroit area and willing to compensate for time. no matter how good I have this truck running, I will not feel good about driving it until I can start it with the switch.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
ALSO a stuck oil pressure sender or the relay that it drives will do it, the box thinks the moter is running

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
I bypassed the neutral switch with a loop I made and it still would not start. Also the oil presure gauges drop to 0 when I shut the truck off and when the truck gets warm the pressure drops a little at the gauge. The only thing left I can think of is the control box.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the 5th thread you've started on this problem.

Please continue one thread, so that the members have all the background info and know what you know so far.

I'd take the advise, and buy a new PCB (get the right one).

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I'll say this again, I do not understand why someone has not come up with a down an dirty work around for the control box, like the DH GP FIX, it could be just as simple as the old gassers that had a big main solenoid activated by the master switch