• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found a 75' m880 at my local junkyard.

srodocker

Its a 75' m880 and its at a local junkyard. zip code 98513 lacey, wa. All i know is it had the driveshaft taken out. the engine seems to be there but stuff is missing. also has cargo poles it looks like. and a computer thing it looks like. has 2 antennas on each mirror and passenger side mirror was broken. if want more info message me and i'll go look.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Something is wrong there, the bows are military but the clutch pedal sure isn't. Looks like the cab/chassis is ex-department of interior and the bed is ex-military. Thanks for taking the time to post!!! Neat find!

papercu

2nd picture show the cab has a behind the seat gas tank. The bows are hard to find but almost impossible to ship reasonably. Wayne

N1265

This looks to me to be a cilvilan truck.

1) power wagon emblem on hood
2) behind the seat gas tank
3) no rust proofing sticker inside the glove box door
4) incorrect steering wheel
5) incorrect gage bezel
6) cargo light on back of cab
7) lack of blackout light on bed *

* this is not a conclusive clue because not all M880s had the blackout light kit installed.

This looks to me to be A complete Frankenstine truck that was made from god knows what year of parts....

At any rate, Rest assured it is not a True , complete M880.

Because I can not see any body plugs on the front of the bed, I would have to say that it is also a Civi bed from another year, it looks to me to be a truck put together from Civi parts that happens to have The cargo cover racks / bows...

papercu

the bows are military but the clutch pedal sure isn't.
Not M880 Military but I have a ex-Navy Dodge truck of that vintage with lock-out hubs and 4-speed. it has the PS setup too. Engine has a knock and the body is shot. 300.00 and I'll help you load or can watch you strip (the truck). Wayne