• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found a great MEP-802a Fuel Consumption/ Load Test video on YouTube

Zebcorod

I ran across a great MEP-802a Fuel Consumption/Load Test video on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbeOtUepcCo

The name of the YouTube user is Mil Gen. I thought you guys might like it as much as I did.

I would like your opinion on how he connected to the 55 gallon barrel by diverting the main fuel line & return line from the 5 gallon tank to the 55 gallon barrel. Do you think that would cause any problems? Just curious.

Chrispyny

Two things.
VERY impressed with this info.
It's pretty useless as he tested with no thermostat which seriously sucks. Thats a lot of work and data keeping for a cold engine. I bet fuel efficiency increases dramatically at normal operating temps.

Still, a lot of work, great visuals, and fun to watch. Thanks

Guyfang

Staff member
There is a real good reason you can hook up this gen set to an auxiliary fuel source. No need to jury rig as he has done.

As Chris said, interesting, but the test should be done right. Thermostat needs to be installed. Fuel usage would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. Wet stacking would be a big problem over long running times without the thermostat. Well done in all other aspects.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks