• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

found a M123 in Winchester VA today...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was driving south on Rt. 11 just south of Winchester VA and the sight of a large angular truck caught my eye. Turned out it was a 10-ton M123, which had been modded into a fire truck of some sort. There was a pump on the front and some form of bed put onto the back that looked like it had one time had a tank on it. I snapped a couple pics and walked inside the business it was parked in front of.

The gent inside said he is selling it. It's a Mack unit, with a V8 903 Cummins engine. The engine runs great, everything works fine, the brake system is new. No major rust anywhere, and the tires are nice too. Says it's for sale for $5K with the 1,000-GPM pump on the front, or less if you don't need the pump. Might be able to get it even lower if you don't want the bed.

Anyways, it's not my classifieds - just thought there might be someone somewhere on this board who would want to save a big boy of a truck. :) I have the contact info of the seller if anyone is truly interested in seeing it.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking at the lines of the truck, might it be an old M125 cargo truck with the bed removed? I can't tell - I want to say the 123 and 125 were different wheelbases, not sure but it looks a little long to be originally a tractor....

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think they did weld the front bumper on. And the second answer is "not that big". But I know someone here who has plenty, might be able to store for a while.

Kalashnikov

Are those NDTs on it? It's hard to tell. What size are they?

That's not an M123 if it's got a 903. The M123s had V8-300s. Any interior pics? How much would he want without the bed and water pump?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, it has 14.00x24 NDTs on it, I know for sure it's a 10-ton. I only had my cell camera with me, sorry. If you would like to speak with the owner, I can PM you the info on his business card he gave me.

Kalashnikov

That'd be good. [thumbzup] Chances are it's got the v8 300, some people confuse it with the 903 from what I've read. Unless it was repowered.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck, someone sure did a lot of pro fabrication on it to make it a fire apparatus, too bad it all has to come off.

M813A1

The M123A1C with the V903 Cummins engine, it has 2 batteries under the front seat and 2 batteries under the passenger door, it runs a Mack trans in it they run 1400x 24 tires and top speed is 43 mph down hill at 3400 rpms maxed out bobtail !!