• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found a number plate and need help

copperline

I have a 1952 M37 that has been painted over many many times (so no hood or bumper numbers). Just today I found a dog tag sized plate on the upper left of the firewall (engine side), near the passenger side hood hinge.

The numbers on the plate says 49102-19788. The 49102 is a larger font size than the rest.

Any ideas as to what this plate means?

Attachments

M-37Bruce

Was this plate mounted on your passenger side cowl? NTD was correct, it was a factory id plate, mine was missing, I made on and had it engraved with my wife's birthday. which was January 1953.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks