• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

found broken horn wire

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey all.

Well I troubleshot the horn and found the wire coming out of the steering column to be broken. I cut, spliced and heat shrunk to repair. Any suggestions on how to keep the wire from getting twisted up and broken again?

Jones

Give yourself a little loose wire including a small loop just out of the housing, to allow it to flex. Often they break when the wire pulls tight from repeated twisting. A little piece of shrink wrap(unshrunk) or plastic tubing where the wire comes out of the column will give a more forgiving rubbing surface too. Remember that this is after XX number of years of service; your fix may carry it through another 40+ years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks