• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found this. what is it?

APM215

The family and I went on a drive up north and we stopped for a brake at a gas station in the middle of know where and cant remember. You know the kind of place where people just sit and watch the cars rust for fun. The town has one working school bus but everyone has one in their yard that hasn't run in fifty years. I went for a walk around back of the garage to stretch my legs and that's when I saw it. I don't know what it is
or how old it is but I think it is a early 40's and ford only because of the gauges in the dash? If you all know any thing about this truck I sure would like to know.
I think It's cool to bad I couldn't find the owner I would love to talk to hem.

Attachments

tamangel

Front Cover of Spring 2008 (#123) Army Motors:

"1941 C30 Chevrolet of Canada CMP #11 Cab. This rare CMP, owned by Terry Johns #321, Florissant, Missouri, carries the markings of the Royal Canadian Ordinance Corps (RCOC), 5th Canadian Armoured Division. The red bumper plate indicates an Ammunition (AMN) Truck of the Ordinance Field park (ORP)."

Mike

Attachments

APM215

Six hour drive to the truck so I don't think I'm going to chase this one down.
Thanks for the help.
If any one has pics of thees trucks all fixed up just like the one posted above I would love to see them.
Thanks!

M135CDN

Canadian Military Pattern #12 Cab 15 CWT is what the truck appears to be. The hood is what identifies it as #12 cab and the square holes either side of the radiator screen are cabin air inlets. The manufacturers emblem is missing off of the hood and you can see two mounting holes. The square air inlets suggest a Ford truck as the Chev inlets are round and the cargo box is not an original cargo box..

The Oshawa Military and Industrial Museum has a 1942 Ford 15 CWT restored in 5th Division/ Perth Regiment colours in their collection. Try the mapleleafup.org site and you will find some info and pictures.

M135CDN

RE: CMP

There where three cab designs built in Canada the 11 cab, 12 cab, and 13 cab and were built by both Ford and General Motors Canada. If you look at the picture of the front grill of the derelict truck you will see the radiator cover is split horizontally into two pieces and creates a liftable hood, that distinguishes it as a #12 cab. The rad cover is also expanded metal and if you look closely there are two holes in the centre of the hood that probably mounted an oval shaped Ford emblem.

The Army Motors picture shows a truck with a one peice radiator cover and did not have a liftable hood which was a #11 cab. It has a woven wire mesh radiator cover and with close examination above the top of the mesh the Chev "bow tie" emblem can be seen. There was a small plate on top of what was to become the #12 cab hood that could be removed to access the engine.

If you go into MLU site and go to Vehicles - CMP Soft Skins - The 15 CWT the picture on that section will be of a #13 cab, open it up and the first picture in the series is the #12 cab Ford.

The 11 and 12 cab trucks were a very poor design, with the narrow front end the cab interior was very small with very little foot room and required suicide doors so the driver would be able to back into the cab. The #13 cab was a complete redesign and was so successful it was also manufacture under license by Holdens in Australia during the Second World War.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks