• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found what looks like a M135 on side of road

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet it "ran great ,when it was parked"! :lol:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone in the nearby area who might be interested in it? It's got the original bed, after 50+ years most of the survivors have had the original bed removed. This would be worthy of rescue...

the bed looks like a m135 maybe dual wheel where added ? the cab cover brings up more questions when did these trucks have the small windows behind the doors ? I have seen them before . is the rear part of the cab where the rear window is could that original ?

Bill W

My buddies cabtop on his 211 is the same as the one in your pic's, I've always assumed it was original/stock

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There used to be a lot of M211's up here. They all had a standard bed. The only time you saw a bed with the "cut out" was when it had singles. My '51's have the little cab windows. So often, people just took those trucks out and BEAT them to death. The hood and the roof look real nice. Up here, the last one to look under the hood leaves it up. Then the winter snow piles up on it and bends it in half. I put a lot of miles in one of those. When the Highway was paved with mud, you would get going in the rain & the front tires would throw mud forward (because of the high front fenders), & you would run into it, on the front windows.

Lee in Alaska

deuceman51

That is a canadian hardtop with the window which is fairly rare. Also I believe that it is an M135 that they just added duels to. The tailgate is extremely rare one being an early version where the top part actually forms the step before the footman loops. It looks rough, but definately should be saved and restored.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I agree that the truck once had singles look at the mud flap on the rear end of the bed one tire wide. This would be a great find to put in someones hands that has a shop and the money to fix it up.

williamh

Re: RE: Found what looks like a M135 on side of road

Bill W said:
Its a 211 ( 10 wheels ) whereas the 135 is a 6 wheeler.
it is a m135 with the wrong wheels on it ... the m211 has a bed with no indents over the rear wheels ... ( used the same bed as the m35 ) unless they replaced the bed of the truck with the wrong type .... the m135 had the indents for the taller 11.00X20 tires ... and was narrower than the m211 ... if you had a picture of the truck from the rear , the tires would stick out past the bed .. really the only difference of the 2 trucks was that the 135 had singles with a narrow bed and the 211 had dual tires with a wide bed . other than that ... they were the same ...

i had both trucks ... still have the m135.

butch atkins

hardtop on m211/135

hey yall, it is a standard issue us made hardtop that is on this truck ,not rare ,there are 4 of these trucks w hardtops in a scrapyard near my home,my truck had this top on it but i took it of to convert to a soft top,also sent in to the ss library the TB 9-2855-17,INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE INSTALLATION OF HARD TOP CLOSURE KIT FOR 2 1/2 TON 6X6 CARGO TRUCK,the tb is in the technical manual section of this site,if you look closley at my avatar picture you can see my hardtop in the back of the m105 trailer,the trailer is yellow and the hardtop a faded red,my truck was a former firetruck,was in same vfd for 24 years ,so iwas told ,started stripping the rear bumperettes,of paint,truck was former scng,still stripping and am finding yellow tactical paint,hope to discover what outfit it was assigned to ,2coats usmc green/primer ,3 coats bright red enamal,several coats od and still have not hit bare metal yet,good luck to all on your projects

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Found what looks like a M135 on side of road

williamh said:
it is a m135 with the wrong wheels on it ....
dito, those have a 10.5" backspace (M35, M211).
M135 (& M34) wheels are only 9.5" and not to be run as duals!

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks