• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frame mounted repairs / access

tamangel

Just curious if one mounts a bed / box /other structure to a deuce frame, can all access requirements (repairs, normal maintenance/ additional equipment additions, general access, etc..) be met? In other words, can you do everything you might need to do from underneath? Tire and wheel areas would still be accessible from the side

Mike

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your question makes me wonder, your not thinking of welding something to your frame permanently are you?

tamangel

just playing with a camper unit of some type , somehow mounted to the frame..Just didn't want to have to remove the box if any repairs were needed to the truck itself..

Mike

IronViking

I would love to see any ideas you had. Ive been hoarding pics and ideas
for when the time comes to build mine. I was thinking of mounting to the bed.
More like a pick up truck.

tamangel

dirtyfingernails

I can say that on my bobbed duece with M105 trailer bed, if you use the stock wood spacers for the bed, the bed will be too close to the fuel tank to replace the in-tank pump or sending unit. Ask me how I know. Anyway, when I went to 1100s I raised the bed even higher and it solved the problem.
Steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks