• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fred from Dirt Every Day drives the M1078.

Mach Style

Im sure a lot of you are familiar with the Motor Trend show Dirt Every Day on youtube. Well just recently, a new episode released featuring a 1995 M1078!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h99gUlJB1Gc

Whats even better is that truck right there, is now back at Gov Planet for us to buy! So if you are dirt every day fans, here's a chance to have the best of both worlds.
" Removed"

Last edited by a moderator:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool. Yes, I zapped the link. No links to auctions, ebay CL etc.

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice LMTV. If he would have done the manual selection down to first (now that this is all coming back to me after messing with Suprman's truck), I think he could have gotten up it. He also had the same issue that ProximityX's truck has, the cab that hasn't seated fully. with X's truck, there were two hoses that were just too short and prevented gravity from seating the cab the rest of the way. Same issue on this, hence that awful squeak.

I thought it was a very nice clip. It was a very nice episode. Could have been a bit more informative, but it showcased the truck well and GP got a nice commercial out of it. Wonder how much it will go for.

saddamsnightmare

June 9th, 2015.

The 1098 would have benefitted both from portal axles and locking differentials, but then, that is what the Army bought, as they didn't want a U1300L Unimog, so they bought the Austrian knock off.......8)

Blackmagic94

Did he even lower the CTIS setting, and I doubt he was aware of the Mode selection making the 50/50 torque split.

I have literally driven my LMTV up a creek for about 700 yards with no issues, they are beasts if you know how to select the right drive mode and what gear to stay in.

Gunzy

Well, that answered a question for me. The undisclosed location is the Weber County Fair Grounds storage facility in Ogden, Utah. I looked at that truck when I was picking up a couple M939 series trucks and was wondering what the "Dirt Every Day" stuff was and now I know. I still don't think I want one and will stick with my 5 ton. It was a neat video to watch though because I live in that area.

Blackmagic94

Its funny that he complains about the seat and ride, go drive a M9xx and get back to me, the FMTV is light years ahead in ride quality, and all of my FMTVs make those rattle noises, The cabs are fully seated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks