• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Freeplay nicely anybody

Alredneck

Banned
Howdy, everybody been doin some reading here on the forum about adjusting my clutch in Apoc because right now she has hard pedal all the time. I measured the 1/1/2 from the floor and mine is zero its hard! So i crawled under the truck after looking at some post on here and was a little baffled and was wondering if anybody has pics of adjusting the clutch on the deuce? Maybe i was having a bad day or something hell its been a bad month lately. Or maybe a simpler explaination would help. Any help is more than appreciated, Thanks, Captain

Alredneck

Banned
Is it along the transmission? I was under there about two weeks ago after reading the above post and several others on the subject also the pm magazine articles but couldnt figure it out i had just gotten a steroid injections in my neck and back so like i said maybe i wasnt looking at something right and will half to look again tomorrow ( even though i just got more shots again yesterday, stay away from IEDs folks ) thats why i was hoping maybe someone might have pics heck if i get under there tomorrow and figure it out i will get pics. Are they ussually a bugger to turn ( like need some p.b. blaster to soak in ) or can you turn by hand? Im trying to save my clutch till the end of the year cause when i get out on the highway goin out on big hills i can smell the clutch burning. Also the shifting isnt smooth right now so i hope this helps. Thanks Clinto!! Captain

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I can shoot mine tomorrow in the daylight. Mine was a little tight. It is beside the bellhousing, kind of forward of the tranny.

Edit: I walked out there with a flashlight and a camera to take a pic and the batteries crapped out. I will do it tomorrow when I get home from work.

The adjustment rod is directly above where the PTO would be on the tranny if your truck had a winch.

Alredneck

Banned
Naw no winch but i know where the cover for it is. Appreciate it pics are great my mind isnt hehe!!!!!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
See if this makes sense,
Adjust the rod between the pedal linkage and the lever on the trans, #5 in the pic. You need to make it shorter.

Attachments

Alredneck

Banned
Hey Will that is a great pic I see where I went wrong I was looking to far back ( and was a lil confused how the clutch pedal was connected to the linkage for the brake pedal to ). Yea bad day if there ever was one. I was expecting the pedal and linkage to be, before the transmision like on most other autos but I guess thats what I get for assuming right ( a a$$ of u and me, all me this time ) Thanks man, Captain

Alredneck

Banned
Ok so I crawled under the ole girl today and adjusted the clutch and it turned out alot simpler than first thought. A lil WD40 to loosen everything up and then adjust away. Took her for a test drive afterward good pedal and alot easier shifting the gears. One thing that I did notice was that when I had the linkage ( number 5 ) off, that number 4 which goes into the bellhousing had about a inch to inch and a half play in it is this normal or is the throw out bearing going bad? Other than that She drove good firm pedal just got the freeplay in it now where before there was none. Thanks again everyone for all the help! Captain

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 9-2320-209-20-3-1 page 3 -9 shows the procedure for checking the other measurement from the clutch release lever to the bell housing.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Freeplay nicely anybody

Alredneck said:
Ok so I crawled under the ole girl today and adjusted the clutch and it turned out alot simpler than first thought. A lil WD40 to loosen everything up and then adjust away. Took her for a test drive afterward good pedal and alot easier shifting the gears. One thing that I did notice was that when I had the linkage ( number 5 ) off, that number 4 which goes into the bellhousing had about a inch to inch and a half play in it is this normal or is the throw out bearing going bad? Other than that She drove good firm pedal just got the freeplay in it now where before there was none. Thanks again everyone for all the help! Captain
the TM calls out for about 3 1/2" as I recall. Mine is also about 1 1/2" and seems to be fine. It engages at the top of the pedal and doesn't burn or smell. I did notice today that 5th slipped a bit but last weekend I drove her 200+ miles and with my small real main leak, I'm sure a bit of oil got on the clutch pad. after a bit, she quit slipping. Seems fine now.

Alredneck

Banned
RE: Re: RE: Freeplay nicely anybody

The only play I have left in mine was coming from #4 in Will's picture above, the freeplay got adjust according to TM and is working nicely. I just havent read about #4 being able to be adjust or its effects on anything. Interesting!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks