• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

French Camp Mechanic in the house?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm interested in a couple of Deuces @ French camp and am looking to get in contact with a mechanic who may be able to go over them for me. Anyone have a lead?

houdel

bigmike - If you haven't already done so, subscribe to the Military Vehicles mailing list, http://www.mil-veh.org/, and post your request there also. Another spot to try is the message boards at G503.com, http://www.g503.com/. The more places you post your request, the better your chances of getting a reply. I'm a member of both, if you want I can post listings there for you but sign-up for both is real simple and gives you a couple more windows into the MV world. Mil-Veh.org is an Email mailing net (send your messages in plain text ONLY, otherwise they will get bounced), G503.com is a bulletin board website.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
houdel said:
bigmike - If you haven

Thanks Houdel.
I'll get crackin' today. Maybe I'll get lucky...on the otherhand, I don't believe much in luck. I'll do the leg work instead.

Dieselsmoke

Which units you interested in? I just got back from there about 15 minutes ago. Took notes on each of the trucks, they were all in pretty decent shape, but a couple I'd steer clear of. They have a ton of trucks there right now but the majority of them flagged to ship to Morrocco and Israel....I say let them get their own damn trucks!
Interesting was that a lot of them had the same muffler kit that my shop van has on it, never seen it installed on a cargo before.

Dieselsmoke

8876 was a pretty decent truck. Canvas seat cushions were good, tires were new except the spare, batteries were DRY as a bone, oil looked good, antifreeze was good, no leaks...although it appeared as if the goo had melted out of the solid state flasher unit? That was odd. Data plates were all there and legible. Had a brnad new steering column. Had a '92 Tooele motor, whistler turbo, wood troop seats that needed paint. Rear lights were the metal housings, one of the front lights was metal, one plastic. Had the extra marker lights on the rear bed sides. West coast mirrors. All glass good. Winch cable was missing but otherwise intact and the levers moved freely. Paint was decent, only real problem there was where water had sat in the front of the bed, hsa surface rust but no real cancer. Overall was a pretty good truck. Had no heater. Air shift T-case.
8877 was a return from a police dept. Looked to have been maintained by your typical county yard. Tires were crap. Had a heater kit. Batteries-bone dry. Dropside truck with wood troop seats that needed paint. Overall paint condition wasn't bad just looks terrible. Would be an easy repaint. Missing several reflectors. Seat cushions weren't all that great at all. Did not check the engine oil or coolant as the wasps were rather mean around this truck! Hard top had some cancer spots that could easily be fixed. Bed had been used for sure! Non turbo. All glass good. This truck had a few leaks but they were very minor. Winch levers were a bit stiff, cable appeared in good shape.
Out of 35 or so trucks I looked at, the batteries were pretty much toast on all of them. due to that I could not start any of them, or check the condition of the lights. I have good faith that all of them would have started and ran fine though.

Thank you sir Ihave a old friend who lives about 80 miles away he is interrested in one. Been trying to get him to jion site but sayes has better things to do thanks agian Kenneth

He is south i think all he tells me is that he lives in CA and his last email he stated he was 80 from the base ive never been that far only been to mid tennesse sorry Kenneth

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks