• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

French VAB APC questions

Larry Weibert

Hi Team. I am looking to possibly purchasing a pre 1980s VAB 4X4 model. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about them? The price seems workable although its physical size is a bit larger than I wanted. It's also on the high end of the weight I would want. Any thoughts on the subject is appreciated.

Last edited:

kcimb

Hi Team. I am looking to possibly purchasing a pre 1980s VAB 4X4 model. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about them? The price seems workable although its physical size is a bit larger than I wanted. It's also on the high end of the weight I would want. Any thoughts on the subject is appreciated.
Is it located in the USA? I've never heard of one being here. They are kinda rare vehicles, I've never heard of one being in private hands. I saw a few for sale in France, is that where you saw it?

Larry Weibert

Is it located in the USA? I've never heard of one being here. They are kinda rare vehicles, I've never heard of one being in private hands. I saw a few for sale in France, is that where you saw it?
Ya its in France they have 6 of them for sale. My buddy just bought and brought over a Unimog. He has been bringing stuff over for 40 years very good at it. He has contacts to visit inspect secure and move the stuff over that side. The Unimog he just got took about 45 days it's in Baltimore for pickup next week. The APC could be different i was reading some threads looks like there's a lot to it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks