• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frodo's M105 Recovery

frodobaggins

Well, my preparations for the inevitable zombie apocalypse are one step closer.

Went to Camp Shelby Mississippi on 12 May 09. Met with Chief Seawright (nice guy) who sent two guys to find my trailer for me.

We walked past it two or 3 times but finally found it.. pulled out of line already
for my recovery :)

Spent about 10 - 15 minutes beating the lunette to flip it and we were off
to do paperwork.

Got paperwork checked and done in about 5 minutes, then spent 20 tying
everything up and putting on magnetic lights.

Pulled like a dream with a half ton pickup, didn't even know it was there unless
we hit a bump.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and supplies list.

Total driving time 13 hours.
(1.5 hrs x 2 to Dad's house, 5 hrs x 2 to Shelby)

Also got to check out the museum @ Shelby, if you go there, check it out.

Didn't get to go see if wreckerman was there, needed to get back on the
road :)

And of course... pics:

Attachments

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats Frodo! I knew you would be fine. Did you leave the cover on for the trip home?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you don't own a deuce or 5 ton, M105s can be such a pain. If you have a deuce or 5 ton they are so useful! I really enjoy having a few in the yard.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to use a sledge on mine to break it loose. Thought I would damage it, but that steel is hard.

My last trip to Shelby, I bought the crew pizza for lunch. CPO Seawright, Tony and the others have really been helpful, even though they were shorthanded. I should say were, since some of them have shipped out to Iraq by now. I got to shake several hands and thank them for their service, but wish I could do more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks