• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front axle air switch

bugei

has anyone "rebuilt" their front axle air switch? i don't see any clue how to do it in the tm, and everyone i have asked if "they have one in stock" has said that they rarely sell them. so i am guessing that somehow mine is the first one to leak (which i doubt) or that there is someone who knows how to rebuild them.

mine seems to be leaking and causing my front axles to always want to engage.

thanx
dan

bugei

jones.
is that part number the whole switch? just screw it onto the plate and i am back in 8 wheel drive :) ? any big truck shop?

thanx

Jones

devilman96

Thanks Jones... I've been looking at those in one of my supplier catalogs wondering if they would fit as a replacment... Gonna order in a few for the store!

bugei

jones, which fit and material is correct? is this the "exact" nos part? i have seen some discussion of rebuild kits for the tw-1, if it is the exact part, maybe a few minutes of rebuilding would "git er done".

thanx for the answers, the tm is surprisingly non commital on this part of the circuit

bugei

devilman, i googled it really quick, and it seemed like it was about $30 to $50. i did not dig really hard, but sure did not see $15. but, you are the parts guy, so i trust your answer, actually, it is probably not worth rebuilding a $30.00 part.

Jones

Just looked at the Quick Reference Catalog and I guess the lever on the TW-3 is closer in appearance to the Deuce's OEM switch. Your choice is steel lever Bendix p/n 283040X. The other two TW-3s are controls for vacuum applications.
As far as this being the exact replacement? Can't say for sure but since most of the controls... and axles and transmissions and gauges and wheels and tires and steering boxes (the list goes on)
are bought from various outside vendors-- it's likely that Bendix made the Deuce air switch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks