• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Axle seal advice and help needed.

KaiserPower

The project started out to just replace the wheel cylinders, but being half way into it, I figure what the hell, lets tear it all the way down and see how it looks. So that's what 2 lbs. of greas looks like. So I have everything pulled apart and cleaned, steering knuckle reomved and I'm down to the axle seal. This is the point I'm scratching my head over. That seal looks like it's installed from the inside, not pressed in from the outside. It looks like it has a 4" washer in front of it or is that the machined end of the axle housing? I've pulled axle seals out of pickups and older cars, using a slide hammer puller without any problems. So I guess my question is do you pull that bearing and washer out as one piece or is it an inside the housing install through the differential housing? As always, thanks for the help.

Eddy

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That thread is awesome, somebody ought to buy Banshee365 a beer for it. He did a great write up.