• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front battery not charging (M1009)

fallen

Can anyone advise which alt. charges the front battery. I have been looking but cant find the thread I need this morning. My gen #2 light began flickering when I turn the head light on. I checkec and only have battery voltage at the front battery. I have charging voltage at the rear battery, the m1009 was running when I checked it.

Another problem I am having is the turn signals flashing very slowly when the head lights are on. I think the may be due to the front battery not charging. What does the front battery supply power to as opposed to the rear battery.

Thanks for the help.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Front battery, drivers side alt , Runs all stock 12v circuits

Rear battery, passenger side alt, used in series with front battery when starting and supplies the glow plugs(stock)

coecamo

Download the TMs ( Resource Section ) You can Identify anything on the truck and the individual schematics are pliceless Coecamo:-D

fallen

I took the alt off Sunday and had it checked it checked out at 14.7 volts. The machine would not show amperage but it checked out good. I dont have the TM downloaded yet between working 2 jobs and everything else i have to do time is tight any suggestions would be appreciated.