• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front bearings

connectingbar

Took the drivers side hub off to replace the bearings along with the seals, brakes,boots and any other thing I can. Question is, how do you get the races out of the hub? and how do you re set them? Everything looks ok except for a little water let in by a bad boot.

Westech

CPL
Just like any other bearing race. Tap it out from the back side, cut it, do what you have to. And install, there is a race driver tool. Or if your good you can put it in with a brass hammer. Really if its not bad why replace it? just clean it all out and repack the bearings.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you but new ones, PM me first. There is a notch in the drum brake so you can get a punch on the lip of the race to hammer it out. I put in the new ones by using some solid wood to hammer it in, then I used the old bearing CUP(the correct term as I was schooled when I started gathering info to do the job) to tap the new one in once the wood got the new cup even with the metal of the drum. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I just did all new bearings on all my axles. hope this helps.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
......................There is a notch in the drum brake so you can get a punch on the lip of the race to hammer it out...........
..........???????? :!::?::roll:

OK, guess you meant to say the shoulder of the cup's seat inside the hub is notched.....? :smile:

connectingbar

Thanks Gimpy

Drivers side is done, just need to preload the bearing ( need my tourque wrench back from my friend) then adjust the new brakes. Then on to the other side. This time it should ony take 2 hours now I have a feel for the job.

Rims are painted, bed is primed just need to power was the under side after the oily work then paint the whole truck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks