• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front BO Driving light question.(Another light problem)

fredrader

Ok,My Blackout (Headlight) was not working so I removed the cover and it was rusty in there so I replaced the light socket and made it get a good ground..It lights up as long as I have the right switch in the down position and I hold the left switch in the up position..If I turn loos of the left switch the light stays on about a half second or so and I here a faint "Click" under the dash and the light goes out..Is the left switch supposed to stay in the up position? if not what could be the problem..Thanks in advance.. :oops:

Jones

What kind of switch are we talking about? The standard three-lever or something different? Your comment about hearing a faint click makes me think there's a short that's tripping a circuit breaker. Fastest way to check it is by swapping out the light switch and see if another does the same thing. If it does, I'd suspect a short in the black out wiring.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have to deal with our BO lights when I get home they have not worked since I got the truck and since it is a daily driver for my son Noah getting it roadworthy was the first concern for me on a tight schedule as I was headed off for Korea. I hope you find the answer and post it because I know I will most likely be looking for the same answer when I get home.

markmars

To turn on black outdrive right switch down, then flip the left switch up it will return to center. Does your black out markers work? Does your black out brake lights work? Might just be a bad switch on the left.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Fred, I cannot reach the pic you posted due to my work's firewall. If you need a 3 lever switch to try a swap out, let me know.

fredrader

markmars said:
To turn on black outdrive right switch down, then flip the left switch up it will return to center. Does your black out markers work? Does your black out brake lights work? Might just be a bad switch on the left.
All the blackout marker lights work and so does the blackout brake lights..The blackout headlight just won't stay on when I flip the left switch up and let it return back to center the headlight stays on for about half a second and then I here a click from under the dash and the headlight goes out..As long as I hold the switch up it stays on..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks