• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front driveshaft disengagement

Crash_AF

I have to get my two 5-tons (816 and 818) emissions soon and to do that I need to disengage the front axle since they have to put it on the dyno. Is there any sure way to do that other than removing the front driveshaft?

Thanks,
Joe

Crash_AF

ALL diesels, regardless of age, have to be emissioned in Colorado. It's stupid, but they stick an opacity gauge on the stack and run it at different loads to see how much smoke is generated.

Later,
Joe

70deuce

Joe, I live up in Franktown which is Douglas County. To get a regular tag its the same here for diesel emissions. But one of the clerks suggested that I get an Historic Truck/Tractor plate for my deuce which does not require an emissions test. The plate has a picture of an older Peterbilt cab on it. I think they are 30 plus year old bigger vehicles. It is issued as a 6 year plate which is cool also. My plate is coming up for renewal and I hear its jumping from about $425 for 6 years to maybe $1000 for 6 years. Anyways, check in to one of these plates.

Phil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks