• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front end

choll

I just won a truck at Ft Lewis I just noticed the switch to engage the front end is missing from the dash. Does this mean that the front is always engaged and I just have to switch between high and low? It is a 1968 model

Attachments

williamh

did it have the switch and it was removed or it was never there ..... the pic show that it never had the front transfer case switch ....and to change that , you'll need to replace or modify you transfer case .. one is easy ... the other is a lot of work .

JohnnyReb

Re: RE: Front end

Jakob said:
I have a horizontal switch level that's basically under the oil pressure gauge. Is that for an air shifted front end?
Hey fellas, I share your Green Iron addiction and I often get caught up in the bidding frenzy, but before investing more thousands of dollars in trucks..... I would suggest you might review and/or purchase some T/M's...Or just do some comphensive searches on this site.

Lastly, ask questions to determine what you want and what you may be getting...

We were all newbies once (and in many ways I still am), it is better to learn here then experiment with $$$$$$ of dollars.

Best Regards
JR.

JohnnyReb

choll said:
I just won a truck at Ft Lewis I just noticed the switch to engage the front end is missing from the dash. Does this mean that the front is always engaged and I just have to switch between high and low? It is a 1968 model
Hey fellas, I share your Green Iron addiction and I often get caught up in the bidding frenzy, but before investing more thousands of dollars in trucks..... I would suggest you might review and/or purchase some T/M's...Or just do some comphensive searches on this site.

Lastly, ask questions to determine what you want and what you may be getting...

We were all newbies once (and in many ways I still am), it is better to learn here then experiment with $$$$$$ of dollars.

Jakob

RE: Re: Front end

I'm waiting on my T/M's to arrive in the mail. I've already heeded that advice and ordered some, they just haven't gotten here yet ;)

Crash_AF

RE: Re: Front end

While paper TMs are nice, you can DL the PDF versions from this site for free. Bonus feature of that is you can search the PDF for specific words or phrases to cut down your search time.

Later,
Joe

Jakob

Re: RE: Re: Front end

Crash_AF said:
While paper TMs are nice, you can DL the PDF versions from this site for free. Bonus feature of that is you can search the PDF for specific words or phrases to cut down your search time.

Later,
Joe
I don't have Adobe at home yet, I have yet to get it downloaded. I have several of them saved to my computer though. Thanks for the advice!