• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Inner Wheel Seal

Mofo

I am new to the M35A2 and need a little help.

I just picked up the deuce not to long ago and see that the inner front passanger tire is wet. I am sure it is just the wheel seal and would like to fix it asap.

Where would I find these parts and is there a DIY with some pictures. I have searched and saw that most of the links are not working anymore.

Here is a picture of what it looks like:

Brock Steel

First you need your supply's and tools. Order your front axle hub kits from old Iron.
OD Iron LLC Military Vehicle Parts and Accessories

Check out this sight. Helped me.Front axle seals and boots stepXstep
Clean the axle knuckle before taking it apart. You will need a bearing puller and slide hammer like the one shown in my picture. the whole ring has to come out. the seal is behind it.
make sure the seal goes in solid side of seal facing out to the universal joint, put a little grease new seal lip, no dry start up. I didn't remove backing plate didn't need wheel cylinders. Just hung it over the tie rod end. Make sure to grease the king pins when your done. Also a box with a plastic bag inside it to clean all the muck you will find. Silicon the spindle behind the backing plate with the 10 bolts in it the tork is 31-36 pounds for the nuts . also grease the shaft. the first large nut is 50 pounds/ back of 1/ 16 inch, then lock washer, then second nut 100-150 pounds.

Attachments

Last edited:

emr

I would pull it and look at the brake cylinder first, they leak alot more than the seals, but of course if you are shure its oil , then it is, just an fyi.......Beautiful truck !!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks