• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front left hub does not lock in place

bigcrazybell

When I try to lock in the drivers side hub all is does is spins around and around. At a certain point I can hear it click and feel it but it keeps going. The other side turns and locks where it is suppose to. What do you guys think could be the problem? Thanks for any help and happy holidays.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has it worked for you before? Did you just get the truck?
You can take both sides apart and compare them. If you are not familiar with these hubs, take digital photos of the good side as you disassemble it.
I'd suggest having a copy of the TM, and a Haynes manual, handy.

kassim503

sounds like its time for a dana 60 upgrade!

But seriously, remove the hub by removing the 6 hex bolts and 1 very difficult to remove snap ring and whatever is going on in there should be pretty obvious, sounds like its a little too dirty or over-greased

rnd-motorsports

the standard warn set part# war 9790 the premium is part# war 20990 I myself would put on superwinch hubs been dealing with 4x4 for about 25/30 years and will install the superwinch hubs part# sup 400518 They will take alot more abuse and still work But any of them will work and also any 1/2 ton gm from 69 to about 91 will use the same front hubs there is no dif some will tell you there is but there is not as far as fitting qulity yes also if you can find the 3/4 turn hub will like them better over the 1/4 turn a lot easyer to operate Good luck !

OL AG '89

I'm dealing wih a similar problm with my M1009. I bought the 20990 from warn but the hex bolts are tiny compared to the originals. I just looked at set 9790 at oreilly and they look same except the bolts are much beefier. What's the deal? the premium set vs. the standard?:?
The 20990 bolts wont fit the holes TOO small.
Anybody can help me out?

markg

im about repairing if at all possible. take them apart and see whats up. cucv's usually dont get much use. ive seen the grease so hard you couldnt chisel it out!!! wash everything out and put it back together and with the wheel off the ground check to see if it locks. i had one the other day with a loose wheel bearing , causing the inner hub to grind everything up into pieces. check them while you are there!!!! thanks. mark

OL AG '89

O.k. I feel so newb'd.....
The hubs from warn are great, just different size bolts or the warns as compared to the originals. didn't realize the entire wa bein replaced....

I took the old hubs apart, cleaned then up and workin like brand new!!
I'll keep the warn hub for just incase.

I think the mantra clean, lube or replace is the best advice at this point!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks