• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Lifting Bracket Questions

OD_Coyote

I am in the process of installing a winch on my deuce and I noticed that there is a 1/4" space between the lifing bracket and the frame. When I removed the lifting brackets from the bumper there were no plates or spacers present. Am I missing a part? :cookoo:
Also, I did not see any mention of a spacer or plate in the parts manual, but unless there is a missing item I will make my own spacer out of 1/4" steel.

Thanks,
C. D. Hunter

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Spacers on mine, although the serial # of the truck indicates it was originally a non winch truck....so who knows if this is "right"......

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the non-winch trucks the angle bracket which holds the brush guard also acts as spacer.
Winch trucks take an extra piece of flat iron between lifting bracket and bumper mounting plate. In both cases they are of the same thickness as the bumper itself: 1/4"

G.

Attachments

OD_Coyote

gringeltaube said:
On the non-winch trucks the angle bracket which holds the brush guard also acts as spacer.
Winch trucks take an extra piece of flat iron between lifting bracket and bumper mounting plate. In both cases they are of the same thickness as the bumper itself: 1/4"

G.
I thought that the angle bracket that holds the brush guard required and additional washer under the rear most bolt hole that fastens the angle bracket to the frame.
Is this not the case?

Thanks,
C. D. Hunter

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
C.D. that is correct with the washer there, Since that bracket is no longer on the boumper, there is a steel shim to take it's place.