• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front lifting shackles?

cbvet

Recently bought some miscellaneous stuff. Included were some front lifting shackles that are different from the ones on my deuces. Considerably heavier rings/shackles, & the mounting pads are thicker & 3-bolt instead of 4 like on mine.
Mounting pads tagged 00-740-9514 & 01-315-8921. Shackles have 19207-12301040 cast in them.
Anybody know what they fit?
Thanks,
CBVET

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The shackles will work fine on a deuce. The bases won't. That base look similar to the ones on the deuce rear just bigger. I'm trying to bolt a set of them to the back of my M108 bumperettes to attach a towbar.

houdel

If you have too many to use personally, I could use a front shackle, pin and attaching chain and securing clip for my Deuce . When I picked my truck at at the DRMO it had only one shackle and I was not smart nor dishonest enough to snag another one from one of the other trucks there.

Thanks, Lee

tamangel

Lifting ring pic..

anyone know if any of the deuce manuals show the proper way to lift a deuce using lifting rings all the way around..? Maybe a picture also, either from the manual or from a actual lift? (on/off a ship)..

Mike

Cdub

Re: RE: Front lifting shackles?

steelsoldiers said:
Hmmm, look just like the ones on my M923A2. Good score!
yea they do look like the ones for the bottom of the front bumper for the M939 A2's.......

got a NSN.......??

C'dub

emr

RE: Re: Front lifting shackles?

If He said they were from a deuce, they could be the bottom shackles from an A3,..just a thougt, as for lifting a deuce they use the front shackles, and the side sling points between the deuls, there are 2 types of rings/ for the rear duel sling point... , the A3 deuces come with a really cool loop about 8 inchs long, with the loop..., ive got em on my deuces, and the other is a long bar that comes all the way to the sling loop under the edge of the bed and then has a loop there outside the edge of the bed, both obviously work, Randy...

rizzo

RE: Re: Front lifting shackles?

when lifting the front of the deuce they route the sling around the bumper or frame rails and through the shackles. it in one of the manuals

tamangel

Lifting Handbook for Marine Movements...

Found the Manual/Phamphlet:

TEA Pamphlet 55-22 Lifting Handbook for Marine Movements

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&type=file&func=get&tid=1&fid=file&pid=163

the reason I was asking was that a guy shipping his custom FUSO FG camper to had it damaged upon off loading in Chile. Bent a door and a bunch of other damage.. Sounds like he will be able to get it fixed so no problem..He was worried that it was going to be the shortest expedition on record for a while..

Here's the log entry if interested..:
part 1 http://hackneys.com/blog/2008/01/13/fuso-vs-valparaiso-dock-crew/
part 2 http://hackneys.com/blog/2008/01/16/fuso-vs-valparaiso-dock-crew-part-2/

Thanks for the heads up..

Mike

emr

Re: RE: Re: Front lifting shackles?

rizzo said:
when lifting the front of the deuce they route the sling around the bumper or frame rails and through the shackles. it in one of the manuals
That sure makes sense, and very cool, Ive seen pics of the straps coming up but never saw the rest, very cool stuff, and it would probably be a little silly lifting that high with only shackles, ...Randy

Cdub

cbvet said:
Recently bought some miscellaneous stuff. Included were some front lifting shackles that are different from the ones on my deuces. Considerably heavier rings/shackles, & the mounting pads are thicker & 3-bolt instead of 4 like on mine.
Mounting pads tagged 00-740-9514 & 01-315-8921. Shackles have 19207-12301040 cast in them.
Anybody know what they fit?
Thanks,
CBVET

This is from the parts manual for the M939's

TM 9-2320-272-24P-1

Item no. (1) PAOZZ 4030012226037 19207 12301040 SHACKLE .............QTY 2

my guess is they are for the top front bumper on a M939a2's

Attachments

Cdub

This Lifting Shackle is also a part of the MWO 9-2320-272-20-5 for all M939's and A1's:

MWO effective date is 1 February 1996, and completion date is 31 January 2000.

MWO 9-2320-272-20-5

FRONT LIFTING PIN AND SHACKLE KIT
MODIFICATION WORK ORDER

MODIFICATION OF 5-TON
M939 AND M939A1 SERIES TRUCKS

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks