• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front output help ??

KenzMan

I am somewhat embarrassed as my wife refuses to quit picking on me about my deuce being stuck in 4" of snow on basically a flat level so... does anyone happen to have some good sprags kicking around ? Could anyone give me some info on the "REB" kits that Memphis Equipment used to have or even better , maybe have one kicking around that isn't being used ?

LanceRobson

A search would come up with info on the "REB" kit which was (if I understand correctly) a manually activated deal by way of a lever.

One of the biggest challenges of the deuce, especially with dual tires, is that when it's empty there isn't enough weight in the rear for snow traction. Following the TM recommendation and air-down the tires to around 15 PSI(?) for snow and sand will help.

NDT and NDCC tires are not known for being really great snow tires. Worn ones are worse.

There are also threads regarding the repair of sprag units. I've never done it but it is aparrantly easy enough to do.

I just finished putting an air shift transfer case in a formerly sprag equipped truck. Personally, I believe that the air shift is the way to go.

Lance