• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front spring opinions

85-m1028

I went over to deaver spring the other day to get a price for some front springs, turns out they would have to make em from scratch to the tune $750.00 bones :shock: I was wondering if anyone has some input on a lift kit 4"-6" that has worked well "no sagging" good ride, I will be doing a shackle flip in the rear and need some front springs

MATT

I have installed rancho 4 inch lifts on 4 of our 1008's. I like them a lot. We install a add a leaf in the rear with 2 inch block, it looks good. I replace the front springs, all the bushings front and rear, the sway bar bushings, steel braided brake lines(front) and new u bolts form super lift. I do have to cut the rear u bolts down. One other thing I have been doing is cutting, bending, welding the right rear lower shock mount. The rancho shocks will rub on the axle tube if not. I guess you could mount the shock the other way....Haven't had any problems with 200 gallons of water and tools in the back.

kenny

Dont forget the 4 inch steering block for the Dana 60.The steering works alot better when it is not in a bind and the rear tirod will last longer also.
I got a complete kit from 4Wheelparts.com for under 500.
Superlift Front springs, rear blocks,steering block,4 rancho shocks, and all new hardware

CCATLETT1984

the rough country kit comes with a drop arm for the steering and the drop mounts for the t-case brace (helps with the driveline angles). I hate blocks, if I am spending the money to lift the truck. Then spending a little more and getting a suspension that flexes more and has a better ride is worth it. But, thats just my personal opinion. Every truck that I have been in with lift blocks, RIDES LIKE !@#%.

85-m1028

so the basic kits hold up pretty well! do you have to get the heavy duty kit or 3/4 ton? the guy over at deaver said they have 1/2 ton springs but they wouldn't hold up, I removed my brush gaurd for a little wieght savings and better fuel milage!

CCATLETT1984

you need the 3/4 ton kit, also you need to measure the lenght of your rear springs eye to eye. will be either 52" or 56" (should be 56" though) most 1 ton trucks were, longer springs allowed more in the pack. if you do the shackle flip then be sure to get the reinforced shakles, the factory ones WILL NOT TAKE THE ABUSE. they will bend up badly. you CAN use the shackle flip kit in the front as well, look on offroaddesigns website.

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

I running 36" swampers with a 4" rancho spring in the front and nothing in the rear. With front fender triming, the do great. For my M1028, there was no need to lift the rear to fit the tires(front does sit 2" or so inches higher) but no leaf wrap common with blocks.

Attachments