• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front suspension ratings

wdbtchr

Does anyone know what the front spring ratings are for the 2 1/2 and 5 ton trucks? If not can anyone suggest where I might find out.

m139h2otruck

I too would like to know this. The 5 tons had two versions of the front spring pack, the M139 and M139D (I think) had extra leafs in the springs. I believe the M139D was the rocket launcher carrier with the lower final drive gears too.

comdiver

I wonder if you went to a spring shop if they could give an educated guess. What is the thickness of the deuce spring pack? I think the front deuce springs has 12 leaves that are 2.75" wide. I will ask my spring shop once I get the thickness (all 12 together or each leaf) and the center to center measurement of the eyes. The axle rating is light compared to the beef of the springs.

wdbtchr

I finally got down to measure my springs:
2.5 ton- 47" eye to eye, 5" thick-15 leaves, 2.5" wide
5 ton- 50" eye to eye, 4.5" thick-10 leaves, 3" wide

When I went to a local spring shop they gave me a bunch of stuff about not knowing metal hardness and such and wouldn't even guess at ratings.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks