• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Froze my 818

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After my oil cooler crapped out on me i have been flushing out the cooling system out every chance I get to get to clear water, last flush still gray tent to the flush. Got down in the 20s last night, nothing but water in the cooling system, this morning I was outside and heard a ping, lost a freeze plug one of those above the oil cooler. A couple more were leaking, it got up to the low 40s today, no real defrosting, so i used a heat gun on the radiator and upper block some water flow but pretty little, too much steel. Decided to crank it up for some heat, ran it for about min. smoke from the water pump belt and oil coming out the bleeder outlet on top of the oil cooler!!!!! I am guessing the small honeycomb brass lines in the cooler must have ruptured, and the oil only had the vent to come out with the cooling system frozen? Procrastination and lack of attention to detail is a killer!
James

scooter01922

Well, the smoking belts don't say much RC other than you have a water pump full of ice, it dosen't like that much. I agree with westy, thaw it then decide how screwed you are.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks