• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft. McCoy (Sparta) to UP Michigan

camp9

Gona stick it on a trailer, figured might as well get it home and wake it up from it's nap there. It's so wet up here I don't even have to feel rushed to get back home to do some farming. :)

dozer1

Man, I know what you are saying . As much as I enjoy this website and spending time on the net, I TOO SHOULD BE FARMING. Havent done a thing yet and had 1.5 inch soaking rain yesterday. More t-storms coming Sat. they say. So here I am .

I think that is a good idea to trailer if you can. Sometimes they dont wake up quite as easy as you would like em to.

camp9

Same here, about 2 inches yesterday, about 2/10th today, 70% chance tomorrow, and again saturday through next wednesday. last year at this time the small grains were all done. I heard on Ag Day yesterday that less than 5% of the spring wheat is planted over by you and N Dakota. If it stopped raining today we'd be 10 days before we could think about putting a tractor in the field. Got to love it.

camp9

We did alright. Our two youngest boys played hooky and came with me to keep me company, and see what a military base looked like. We got to see a lot of wet fields, not one planted yet. Only field work was being done on a very sandy potato farm. Came across a spot where a tornado and crossed the highway last week. Big oak trees all broke right off and twisted half way up. Quite a site. Seth took us out to the back lot to load the truck. That was the first time we were back there. Lots of old stuff along with all the new too. The truck had been sitting since last fall sometime. They hooked the jumpers up and it rolled over, wanted to fire but didn't. They gave it a small shot of ether and it took right off. I know, Citizensoldier already told me that's a big no no with a 6.2 [thumbzup] Our youngest asked if he could take some pics and I told him take all you want. He only took one of the truck on the trailer, and headed off taking pics of all the other things there. :lol: Loaded it up, chained it down and headed home. I'll post some pics as long as out internet can handle it. Both pics are just before we get back to the UP at a favorite place to stop and get cheese.

Attachments

camp9

The truck came from Texas. Not sure how or why it ended in Wisconsin. I'm wondering if it was at a GL lot down there. Here's a pic with some writing showing Texas Riley Lot ?? Second pic is the only one our youngest took at the GL lot. :lol:

Attachments

camp9

Sweet lookin truck! bet that thing will be handy too. Hard to beat for a farm service truck.
Ya, I think it has the potentiality to make life a little easier. If I could of had one 15 years ago it really would of made life easier. But I was younger then and like Tevay on Fiddler on the Roof said, "I was so happy I didn't realize how miserable I was" rofl

Last edited:

camp9

Ether in a 6.2 is ok as long as it doesn't hit the glow plugs. Started mine that way many times. Good looking truck by the way!
Thanks. It only has 20,600 miles on it. It has a new set of tires, batteries, shocks, and springs on the front. It has a small ding in the rear drive shaft, and has a slight vibration going down the highway, so have to fix that. As far as the glow plugs, I don't think there heating up. Everything is working like it should all the way down to the glow plugs. Juice right to that point, so guessing right now they must be bad.

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is painted on the inside drivers door with the date September 12 2006. Any idea what it means or why it was painted there?

Wild guess but might mean serviced, or maybe even replaced.

Nice looking truck. The CMTs are the best of the wheeled lot!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks