• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel everywhere under hood

sermis

I noticed that my truck was getting hard to start. Full peddle and it would barley run until it warmed a bit then it was better. I moved it out of the way and was letting it idle for a bit and noticed fuel / oil all over the motor and on puddle on the ground. Opened the hood and had a stream straight up from on top of the fuel filter base. I then noticed that the top of the fuel filter base cracked about 1 1/2" just inside of where the gasket would be on the under side. Any reason it would crack there?
Anybody have a good take off filter base they can send me.
I knew I should not have sold my parts motor.

dabtl

Steve, I think the bases are made of zinc and will crack under too much torque. V V A 920 broke one some time back due to over torquing it, as I recall.

dabtl

sounds like a good time to install the spin on converters for the fuel filters.
Any time is good for the spin conversions, but the entire base will have to be replaced no matter. The spin on conversion would need a good base to fit and not leak.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks