• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filler neck?

Nickathome

Dumb question, which way do you need to turn the inside filler pipe to get it to extend? Mine seems to be stuck. I can't get it to budge more than a 1/4 in either way and it won't extend. Thanks

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You do not need to turn it any direction to extend. You only need to turn it to lock in the extended position or release it from lock in the extended position. It appears something might have gotten down between the internal pipe and the outer housing. You might have to take the whole assembly off the truck, turn it upside down and tap it on a board or other surface that will not damage it and see if it comes free.
Regards Marti

Nickathome

Filler neck...

I had hoped I wouldn't have to disassemble the filler neck, but I had thought of that. Will attempt in the spring when it warms up I guess. I about froze my fingers off farting around with that thing yesterday.