• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filter base

Pawnshop

I have spent an hour on the Googles, and used the search here, and can not find a fuel filter base for my M1009. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have tried oem-surplus.com and they don't appear to list it any more, although their website is the most frustrating thing I have ever encountered and I may have overlooked the listing in my cornfusion!

m38inmaine

Call 262-244-1262 ask for part number 12471725, $49.99 complete base including filter in original GM box and marked CUCV as well. This is plug and play, no swapping out parts.

Good Luck

SmokeyDod

I just looked & they still have it listed. Just click on "Chev" & keeping scrolling down almost 1/2 way thru their list They list it as part #12471725 and their #is L-Code:38SR. Priced at $49.99 ea + $12.88 for S&H I bought 4 of them and they are brand new in orig chev box and includes new filter.

stampy

Walmart...boating section....base and filter under 30$ and it is a screw on so you can prefill it..easy and cheap and the replacement filters are 7$ works great on my M1009 and I am running WVO 3 months and haven't changed it yet!:-D

Pawnshop

I live in Central Texas, fuel warmth is not an issue, and with a drain in a spin on filter I can remove water easily. This truck is going to be a daily driver so I don't mind making the filter system less complicated and engineering out a troublesome, expensive and hard to find part.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought one from FLMV (Front Line) and it was just fine, no electrical stuff, just the casting.

airmech3839

When you get yours set up you mind snaping some pics so I can see what this stuff is all about! I want to do it to the one we are getting and would like to see how it is done!:razz:

m38inmaine

I live in Central Texas, fuel warmth is not an issue, and with a drain in a spin on filter I can remove water easily. This truck is going to be a daily driver so I don't mind making the filter system less complicated and engineering out a troublesome, expensive and hard to find part.
It's 49.95, and a direct replacement readily available NOS. With a retro fit you will have to buy plumbing fittings, figure out how to mount it, etc. Flip two bales, pull filter off, push new one on and flip bales back on, not so difficult.

Attachments

Last edited:

stampy

The biggest problem with the factory setup is when you change a filter. I have changed 2 of the factory filters and both times I had to crank and crank and crank (for a long time ...I was actually worried about the batteries) to get it to fill and finally ( after using a little either....very little) it got fuel to the system. I have tried prefilling these and it doesn't help much. When you change the spin on my truck starts in under 30 sec now when I change filters also filters are cheap and if (God forbid) you are not near a auto parts store that has filters, there is almost always a Walmart near...Worse comes to worse drain the filter and refill and reuse till you get where you can pick one up. BTW you can buy waterblock filters that remove the need for the water sensor. I did not know that there was a fuel heater on the orig filter setup, but I live in NC ,I also run WVO (centrifuged) and probably have a higher chance of getting water in my system..and have no problems yet. As always my disclaimer is.....This is what I do! I offer no warranty or guarantee it will work for you proceed at your own risk! But it has worked great for me so far. I will try to get pictures. :-D

stampy

If anyone wants to buy my old 1009 filter unit (working unit) they are welcome to it for 35$ just PM me with your details. It will come without the base just the entire filter unit...I may even have an old filter laying around with some life left in it.:-D

trucker 1954

It's 49.95, and a direct replacement readily available NOS. With a retro fit you will have to buy plumbing fittings, figure out how to mount it, etc. Flip two bales, pull filter off, push new one on and flip bales back on, not so difficult.
IV GOT THE PHONE # but is their a web page / my m1028a1 is now a hard cold start since the filter change after a few days sitting .and was fine all winter till filter changed smell fuel but all looks dry truck pulls good hot start no problem glow plugs check good sarving for fuel ?

Pawnshop

My original filter block is cracked, which not only allows fuel to leak out but lets air into the system which causes hard starts after it has been sitting overnight. I read that leaking fittings is common on the factory unit, that combined with an uncommon filter (at least around here) makes me want a retrofit. Photos PLEASE!

Pawnshop

IV GOT THE PHONE # but is their a web page / my m1028a1 is now a hard cold start since the filter change after a few days sitting .and was fine all winter till filter changed smell fuel but all looks dry truck pulls good hot start no problem glow plugs check good sarving for fuel ?
Neosho Truck Parts IncAddress:N2225 Highway EeCity:NeoshoState:WisconsinZIP:53059Telephone:262-244-1262
No website but they do sell on eBay.