• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filter canister bracket sheared off?

Bonsai4youbyken

Well after a long drive my fuel filter canister bracket sheared off. All three studs/bolts broke leaving me no choice but to tie the bracket and filters up to my steering shaft

Anyone replaced those studs or have good idea to remove and replace? They look maybe like nutserts?

View attachment 656369

Bonsai4youbyken

Great question. I had a fuel line brake, thus causing mega shake untill I could pull over. Some time after my shaky motor got mended, it let go of all 3 studs.

And they are stuck

texas30cal

Yep, you can use a transfer punch to find center on the ones that are below flush, will have to be careful on the other one. Start with a center drill it won't walk around, drill just a little at a time with it checking often at first, if off center you can tilt the drill and move it over as you go just be careful not to break the tip off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks