• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel filter housing gasket update!

Wyattearp

Okay after several attempts to track down a primary filter housing gasket im going to go the easy route and do as cranetruck(Bjorn) has done, the smaller gasket in the box that comes with *Carquest filter #86512 (which is a secondary filter itself) will fit the primary housing, and the salesman at carquest is checking on gasket #90406 as they were not showing any at the warehouse so he said they will have to come from the manufacturer the cost is .44 cents per gasket; those gaskets fit the secondary housing's.
The john Deere gasket #M96T i compared with the original primary filter from my engine and the JD gasket is bigger so the M96T gasket may very well fit the secondary filter housing, Don't quote me on this as i did not have a secondary filter gasket from my engine with me yesterday when i stopped at John Deere dealer.

If you subscribe to Military Vehicle magazine and have issue #91 Bjorn has an article on pages 64-65 about this and goes into detail. For those of you whom want a NOS primary filter the number is P/N 2910-790-2300(aslo in Bjorn's article) and i believe www.saturnsurplus.com carries those, you will have to check their site for availability.

:banghead: okay thats enough from me for one day LOL....

Wyattearp

UPDATE!!!

Okay guys the Carquest gasket #90406, i was in touch with the guy at Carquest he has called the warehouse(none in stock) but what i found out is that WIX makes that gasket, i am assuming that the 90406 is a number given to the gasket by Carquest, the person at the local store i visited has 12 on order his contact person said she was going to see if they had any and if not they would have to come from the Manufacturer, Okay figures i would be wanting something that has to be made. I would have thought that gasket would have been a regular use item, obviously not and im not sure what the gasket was made to fit originally.

So there is my update so far, the sales guy said he would contact me as soon as he hears something back and if those 12 come in guess who is buying all 12 :yeah:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks