• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filter mod question.

john ford

Again I would like to apologize for my lack of understanding. I changed the fuel filter in my m1010 according to the 20 and since it has started leaking. After reading here it seems the base has a tendency to fail,.... Intending to convert this to wvo I have a really heavy duty racor 24 volt heated fuel filter, spin on. My idea is perhaps I can swap the old fuel filter and base with this one, then get a drop in for the wvo.

Racor 490 Diesel Spin-On Series 90 G.P.H. Fuel Filter/Separator - BoatersWorld.com

This model can accept 2,10, and 20 micron spin on filters.

My first question. One, would the higher gph flow rate matter? (this is rated at 90) or is that just a top end thing and not going to affect the lower end.

and two, would anyone be able to give me a quick rundown on where I should be looking to tie the electrical into?

again, sorry for my ineptitude.

CUCV85

Again I would like to apologize for my lack of understanding. I changed the fuel filter in my m1010 according to the 20 and since it has started leaking. After reading here it seems the base has a tendency to fail,.... Intending to convert this to wvo I have a really heavy duty racor 24 volt heated fuel filter, spin on. My idea is perhaps I can swap the old fuel filter and base with this one, then get a drop in for the wvo.

Racor 490 Diesel Spin-On Series 90 G.P.H. Fuel Filter/Separator - BoatersWorld.com

This model can accept 2,10, and 20 micron spin on filters.

My first question. One, would the higher gph flow rate matter? (this is rated at 90) or is that just a top end thing and not going to affect the lower end.

and two, would anyone be able to give me a quick rundown on where I should be looking to tie the electrical into?

again, sorry for my ineptitude.
I beleive the 10 micron is what you want and put it on the original equiptment location. Use the bracket from original equipment to position new system away from fire wall and wires that run by there. I would expect someone to check my answer on electrical but I would "tie it in to the ignition system"???

Ken_86gt

I have the 60 GPH version on my truck. Bolted it to the mounting point that the original bracket was- with some nuts used as spacers to keep the filter off the wires that come out of the firewall there. You probably want the 12V heater and not the 24V so you can tie in to the existing fuel heater wires. The higher capacity filter will just last longer between changes due to the increased surface area of the filter - the 45, 60, and 90 all fit the same, just longer. I like this model because of the primer pump that is built in, real easy to prime without cranking the engine. I bought mine on ebay as "Rebuilt" for about $50 and it came with two filters, but they were the 30 micron ones- 10 would be best.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks