• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Filter Retrofit (6.5)

I have a fuel filter from a 6.5. I was told that these fuel filters can work with the 6.2, however there are some wiring concerns I have. My M1009 is from 1985, and it has the stock fuel filter assembly. I want to make sure I get the wiring correct on this. On the 6.5 filter I have, there is a water sensor, although I am not sure which wires goes to what on the stock filter. Any advice? Thanks everyone.

20170506_153950.jpg 20170506_154016.jpg

blueblaze

I originally posted about this filter head awhile ago. The main thing that needs to be done is changing the connectors. The fuel heater and water in fuel sensor on this fuel filter and the cucv model 80 have the exact same setup. The wire colors are the same. look at the two or three connectors that goto your original one. If your truck has the newer style model 80 that did away with the filter change signal sensor I believe it was, you'll already have a wire connector just hanging around in that area like I did. The 2nd picture is the factory connector for the fuel heater you'll have on your truck and the last pic is of the water in fuel sensor. And you'll see in the first picture how I changed the connectors that came on the fuel filter to normal pin and socket delphi connectors. I like these connectors for the ease of setup and being water proof. I understand not everyone is setup to make these connectors because they require special tools. But either way the wire colors are the same because they are both stanadyne filter heads. You'll be leaving your filter change sensor plug in disconnected if it isn't already.
IMG_0255.jpgIMG_0111.jpgIMG_0106.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks