• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Filter Swap

1986Blazerk5

I am replacing my fuel filter tommorrow what are the proceders that i need to follow to do this right by the way my filter is on the firewall it looks like a oil filter. Thanks for the help

ralbelt

I just did mine after reading many posts. Short of it is remove old put on new, open bleed screw on top of filter housing, put drain hose into bottle, crank engine , it may run for a few seconds and stall. I did change mine while engine was hot so glow plugs did not need to cycle. Cranked over for about another 15-20 seconds untill I had a good flow of fuel into bottle then closed bleed screw and started up.

I just reread your question and you say yours looks like a oil filter which means it is not original,which are rectangle. I'm not sure what you have but I would think a spin on and I would preload before installing.

Last edited:

Matt65

I changed mine (oil filter looking as well) this weekend. Bleed the best you can before starting. I had to crank several times (Short, <4 seconds) to get it up and running again. I waited maybe a minute or two between tries, bleeding small amounts of air on the bleed screw at the filter housing. Be sure to completely pre-fill the filter. I would suggest before you begin to go ahead and put the batteries on a charger, or jumped to another running engine. This is what I had to do as they were loosing steam before I got her reignited.

Last edited:

91W350

Unplug the pink wire on your fuel pump prior to bleeding the filter. That will slow the introduction of air into the injection pump while you are bleeding with the lift pump. It should fire right off. If you get an air bubble, the filter will be pressurized by the lift pump and you should be able to bleed off the air without additional cranking. Prefilling the canister with fuel is a must do. Glen

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks