• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filter upgrade for my 813 today

ranchhopper

Got rained out of work today so I finally got my new filter base and lines installed starts and runs like a champ now. I used it in the st. patricks day parade and it was getting to the point it would only start useing the cold weather assist even when warm. Today all new braided line with #10 JIC fittings and a cummins filter base from a piece of farm equipment we scrapped it had a 903 V8 cummins and this base worked flawlessly for that engine so it now is a new addition to my truck now to jip tie the lines tight to the others and its done.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The only DOWNSIDE in switching to spin ons is the OE filter has a nice big water/crap trap at the bottom of the can

ranchhopper

It cant be seen in the pics but there is a water drain on the primary I will keep a few sets in the tool box just in case but these are much less labor intensive to switch out.

ranchhopper

I went with the filters we used on the unit at work dont know for sure I will go to the donaldson website and check the specs on the filters. I got a mess of these filters they had a stock of them now they fazed out the equipment that used them so they were no longer needed.

cbvet

Thanks.
I don't know the micron rating on the original filter, do you?
As I get a chance I'm switching everything to spin -ons. So much easier, & a good bet when running a lot of UMO as fuel.

Hammer

Spin on filters for the 5 tons is THE way to go. No more chasing stupid air leaks, and it is a quick and easy swap for filters in the future. And ones you can pickup while out on the road.
I like that dual filter setup! I only used a single spin on filter, but it is doing great so far.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks