• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filter ?

nighttrain2006

I have a 86 m1009. I just changed the fuel filter housing. What is the round white part with a thin foam layer on it. It has two wires coming out of it and is almost flush with the housing. It is some kind of sensor? Mine Is broke and not sure of the parts name or function.

stevo

fuel pressure switsh IS replaceable

Many years back on another list a big problem WAS diagnosed as caused by this piece going bad. There apparently were 3 versions of this switch, 2 were interchangeable. NATURALLY the M1028 I had, the unit was bad. Sent off for the part form a place I think was in CA. It came and "voila". I apparently had the ONLY version that was NOT interchangeable. NOW I have a box with 2 ( Figgering I am paying shipping, why not get two, right ? ) of the "other type, AND I went ahead and ordered a whole new fuel fitler base for the truck.
Lemme get to the "barn", find the box, ( it should be in the front seat of the M1028 ) see what I got and WHO I got it from and post it here. You might be able to use this stuff or try this guy.
Check and see if there are any numbers or anything that can identify precisely which unit ya got. NO use in me sending the stuff to you you cannot use either.
Steve

StreetbikeDepot

I have a couple NOS bases with filter and no switch. $50 each.

My bases have a lightly different filter latch but should work fine, I'll post up a pic for reference.

Last edited:

stevo

As I had stated before I DID purchase some fuel pressure switches off of a guy on the ole mil-veh mailing list. Here's the poop:
Box is form "owens Export Service, inc." outa Chatsworth CA.
Invoice shows a contact number of 818-722-0806. Looks like I paid $20 for 2, + $5 for shipping. WAS back in 2005...
Steve

CUCV85

As I had stated before I DID purchase some fuel pressure switches off of a guy on the ole mil-veh mailing list. Here's the poop:
Box is form "owens Export Service, inc." outa Chatsworth CA.
Invoice shows a contact number of 818-722-0806. Looks like I paid $20 for 2, + $5 for shipping. WAS back in 2005...
Steve
The fuel pressure sensor is USELESS.
Do not waste your money.
Either plug the housing port with a screw or
buy a housing without the again USELESS sensor.
The sensor is for Diagnostic equipment only.
It serves no purpose to fuel filtration or how your engine runs!
GMC Car Parts Surplus

Last edited: