• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel for the Deuce

sgtrisk

I should probably be ashamed to even ask this, but here goes.

Can home heating oil be used in a multi-fuel engine? Or can it be used in a straight diesel engine?

Thanks!

Brad

Lex_Ordo

Just don't get stopped at a DOT Scale and get caught with the at red died HHO, in that tank. You will be in for a very rude awakening. You'll be fined more money than the truck is worth.

dm22630

Lex_Ordo said:
Just don't get stopped at a DOT Scale and get caught with the at red died HHO, in that tank. You will be in for a very rude awakening. You'll be fined more money than the truck is worth.

pour some oil in it & turn it black.... ;)

2cents

dc3coyote

hey now thats good advice with the oil
I jsut start asking them not to look in the bed for the drugs. you know distract them from the real crime of not paying the govt their share for my oil

jwaller

ya I think the fine is 10k. but nobody is ever going to check your fuel. you shouldnt be going thru the scales anyway.

sgtrisk

Thanks for the input, folks!

Just after posting this, I found the forum on alternative fuels. My apologies to the sysops for the redundancy!

I've got 500 gallons of HHO that I won't need this year, as I'm getting a new heat pump today. If I can burn it in the truck, that's a great thing. I certainly understand about the over-the-road concerns. I wonder if putting the oil in it will work?

I'm going up to pick up the truck tonight in Mechanicsburg. I'm WAY psyched! Pictures soon!!

Brad

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I understand it does not matter if you add oil to red-dyed HHO or not. All that will do is dilute the mixture, it won't get rid of the dye. They will still be able to see that HHO was put into the tank.

:-(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks