• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Gauge and Sender Question

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
1-- Are the later fuel gauges different then gasser gauges?,
2-- Are the 5t gasser gauges DIFFERENT then deuce gasser gauges? (would think they are the same)
3-- Are the gasser sending units different then later trucks other then the plug?, (if so, would that call for a different gauge?)
4-- What is the OMEN reading for the sender/gauge?
5-- Can a 12v sender be used on a 24v system?

The reason I ask the above, Is that I have a NEW GASSER deuce sending unit that I want to install in the NON-stock tank on SWISS's 55 gasser m62, right now the dash gauge shows FULL without a sender connected, when I test lead the sender, the gauge shows 1/2 when the sender is in the fill postion, from there the gauge goes to empty slowly as the sender is moved to the empty postion, it is acting like a MIS-MATCHED gauge and sender, which makes me think the gauge was changed out, and the NOT correct gauge installed.

So anybody have any thoughts on this, THANKS

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To the best of my knowledge, all the eras of m series gauges are compatible. Of course in some cases the gauge range has to match the sender as is the case with the oil pressure.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well a update,
The GAUGE had a internal short, so now looking for one, ad in the parts wanted

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks