• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel injected or carburated?

99dodge1500

I don't know much about M1008 that is why I am posting this I have searched and found nothing, are the 6.2s fuel injected or carbureted, I was thinking about making my truck turbo, if someone has done this can the post some pictures of it, and dose it need to be fuel injected to run a turbo? I am so confused:?: can someone help me please!

99dodge1500

Yeah I know I have a 96 Eagle Talon TSi AWD turbo, so I know about turbos, just not on diesels, I am going to buy a junked 6.5 motor and put the parts of that on my 6.2, would there be a diagram in the turbo kit?

maritimer

i have done alot of research into adding a turbo to my m1009 for when i use it for pulling, and after looking around it is an "easy" job if you know your way around a truck and a set of tools, but it has lots of little pin the butts. plan at least a weekend of down time if by your self. thats if everything goes smoothly and you have everything you will need. oh and dont forget the pyrometer after the install very important once you turn the fuel up

99dodge1500

I am currently not working because of the snow and have plenty of time to do it, I have all the right tools to and am pretty decent around trucks, has anyone done this before please tell me what injectors you have and what fuel pump you have?

99dodge1500

Reading all of this is making me hold it off for a while to think about it, I have another question would I be able to put a blower on the diesel? If I could would it do anything, I think it would look good on it?

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
umm the fuel pump is on the right side of the engine and the injection pump is under the intake. Really there guy I think the best way to figure your way around this Engine is to buy a repair book at the auto shop and just start reading it. That how I did it back in the day and now I'm master ASE.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks