• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel injector help

Ang2gna

So I had a knock that went away when I cracked the fuel line to one of my injectors (2nd from the front on the passenger side). I ordered a new injector from Kascar and installed it today. The knock is still there but goes away when I crack the fuel to it. I am a novice but I thought a sign of a bad injector was when you cracked the line going to it the engine slows down and the knocking stops. Just like what happened when I did it. This injector is the only one that stops the knock when I crack the fuel line going to them. Am I missing something? The engine I have is the 6.5 na and the new injector I ordered had a purple band on it. Thanks for all of your help.
John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Action

swap that injector with another one. start it and crack the same line. if that stops the knock, the problem is not the injector.

Jason

Ang2gna

I will try that tomorrow Action. What could be the problem if it's not the injector then? Could the line be bad that connects to it? I really hope it is not a rod.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you crack a line you stop that cylinder from firing.

Ang2gna

Thanks doghead. That makes sense now. So it could be anything it that cylinder then. If I find it is not the injector tomorrow is there something I can do to find out what is making the sound? It sounds just like in the video that springbok posted in his thread.

Barrman

If the knock is still there then pulling the valve cover to make sure the valve springs are actually still there and the rockers are still attached. After that you are looking at the bottom end.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately as others have stated when you crack the injector line that keeps the cylinder from firing and the force of that firing load will not be transferred to the connecting rod. I still believe the noise to be a wrist pin knock. It has a "heavy" sound to me and that would be down low in the engine. I hope I am wrong.

Mark

Ang2gna

The knock is still there. Not really a knock but more of a tick. I am going to pull the valve cover sometime at the end of the week to see if I can find a problem with the rocker, springs, and/or push rods. I will post a video with the engine running so you all can hear the tick I hear if that helps. Thanks for the advice so far. I really appreciate the expertise.

Ang2gna

I should add that the tick is only noticeable once the engine is warm and quieted down.

Ang2gna

Thanks 86. I will do that, but if I have the sound isolated to that one cylinder wouldn't pulling the belts only tell me if it is a problem pulley?