• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel injector pumps

peace94

Does anyone know if you can use a 6.2L desiel civi injector pump on a 1009. Because I was just going to go to a salvage yard to try and find a working 6.2L injector pump to get my 1009 going, while I can save up to get a new or rebuilt one.

Its getting sad seeing her just parked in that one spot in the driveway like that. She needs to be one the road so everybody can see her.
Thanks in advance.

burbn10

Yes you can use civilian IPs. They are just usually tuned to less power unless you find one from a 1-ton J-Code. They work the same though as far as I know.

jdemaris

Does anyone know if you can use a 6.2L desiel civi injector pump on a 1009.
The pumps are all basically the same for 6.2s. C-code has less max fuel delivery setting and . . . if from an automatic (700R4 and 4L60) - will have a TPS switch attached to the throttle that your truck won't use. That TPS contols converter lock-up and some emissions controls. If from a J-code automatic (T400 and 3L80) it will have a VRV attached to the pump throttle to control vacuum to the trans modulator (vacuum regulator valve).

Also maybe half the mititary pumps had a thin-fuel kit added in an attempt to make them last longer when run on JP8 military fuel.

burbn10

He is just outside Union Grove, WI. Badger Diesel. My truck has ran like a champ using the rebuilt pump and injectors from him. Been about 6 months now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks