• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Injector Removal

Lccountryboy89

Gentlemen I just finished installing a brand new fuel tank on my WRAFB deuce that had a absolutely nasty fuel system. I have a brand new tank and took the fuel pump out and cleaned it well and it's clean as a whistle now and works great. I have also changed all the fuel filters. The truck runs great but I notice a pretty substantial amount of white haze coming from the exhaust during acceleration and hill climbs... so I'm thinking that the injectors might be nasty from all that crap that wast running through the fuel system... I can clearly see that injectors on the engine but I was wondering how much of a job it is to tackle to take them out and inspect them and possible get them cleaned? Is injector removal a timely process and difficult? Any tips and tricks from people who have tackled this job?? Just trying to see how labor intensive this will be until I dive into it and possibly screw the pooch... haha

Thanks for the input!

rustystud

Make sure to get the copper washer out and replace it, or you can do a trick "Isaac-1" does, which is to heat the washer to a dull red and let it cool off slowly. This is suppose to re-anneal it, which allows you to reuse it.

Last edited:

bonedoc

Look up SS member FORD MECHANIC. I purchased my deuce from him and he had removed, cleaned and recalibrated all the injectors on my deuce. I believe he posted threads on how he did it.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
injectors are so cheap, i would just put a new set in. cheaper than having them serviced. i guarantee yours are bad, in all the sets i have tested always 1/2 or more are not working correctly.

RAYZER

injectors are so cheap, i would just put a new set in. cheaper than having them serviced. i guarantee yours are bad, in all the sets i have tested always 1/2 or more are not working correctly.
These new injectors you speak of, where does one get them?