• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Leak Identification?

trider

I am still trying to fix the leaks on my newly acquired deuce. The first issue was the FDC. I have since bypassed it and solved my first leak. I did not realize I had another one until today. I have taken a picture of the area the leak is coming from. I have checked all the fitting I plugged to bypass the FDC and they are dry. Anyone have any ideas where my leak is coming from or what might need to be done to fix it? Thanks guys! IMG_3471.jpgIMG_3470.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Hose it down with a bottle of brake clean and go from there. It could be the bolt in the center of the injector lines, an injector line, or that 12pt bolt in the side of the HH. I had one crack on me, NO FUN!

welldigger

Exactly what gimpy said. I'll add one more thing. Slide the little rubber boots on the injector lines up. It will help you see around the tubing nuts and the center bolt on the HH.

trider

Just an update. The leak was coming from the 12 point bolt on the side of the HH. I have a spare engine and pulled the 12 point bolt out of that HH and swapped them out and it fixed my leak. Thanks for the help guys!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well you got lucky on that one. I had to try 7 different plugs to get mine to seal once the original one cracked. Keep an eye on it.

trider

I will be sure and keep an eye on it. Thanks for the heads up. I took it for a road test after switching them out and so far so good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks